Tuesday, December 13, 2011

OPI Mermaid's Tears




This polish had been on my wishlist for SO long. Every time I went to the store I would search for it and it would never be there. I went to an ULTA that's like a half hour away and, lo and behold, they had it! So naturally I bought it along with like 12 other polishes. This ULTA was legitimately stocked on everything (except Essie's Matte About You..grr).

I used 2 coats of Mermaid's Tears for full opacity. I really like the coverage this polish provides. It's such a nice color! The application was so smooth.

Then I decided to do a gold tip with glitter gradient sort of. I love the combination of gold and this polish. I used OPI's Glitzerland on the very tip and CG's Gold Rush for the sparkle. I'm not very good at gradients, but I still like how this turned out.

I topped it with a coat of Seche Vite.

OPI Mermaid's Tears from the Pirates of Caribbean Collection retails at $8.99
OPI Glitzerland from the Fall 2010 Swiss Collection retails at $8.99
CG's Gold Rush retails at $4.19

Has anyone else tried Mermaid's Tears? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from all of you and appreciate all the feedback!

If you have any questions feel free to ask here! I'll try to respond quickly!