Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Day 2 - Orange Nails; Julep - Christina

Day 2 - Orange Nails


Julep - Christina




Hi everyone! I've never been a huge fan of orange polish. And by that I mean I can count my orange polishes on one hand. Which I think is saying something, but maybe not haha who knows. Anyways, as I was saying, orange isn't my thing. I have red-ish hair (see photo below) so I try to avoid orange. It isn't in my palette.
Sort of brunette, Sort of ginger.
Either way, orange is a no.
Back to polish and away from my soul-less ginger hair. Like I said before, this is Julep's Christina. It's deep shimmery orange, but in certain lighting could definitely pass for red. Christina only needed 2 coats for full opacity. I ended up using three though because I decided to put the orange nail glitter I received in my Maven box on my tips after the first two coats dried. I topped this with a coat of Palladio's High Brilliance top coat so the glitter would set.

I would have used Seche for a glossier finish, but I was so nervous the glitter would ruin the top coat I decided against it. The glitter didn't end up moving too much though. It didn't cling to my brush or ruin the top coat so that was good. I still wouldn't risk my Seche though.

The formula for Christina was actually really nice. I sound surprised because some of Juelp's other polishes have been really streaky for me. This one wasn't at all. It went on smooth and didn't leave a million brush stroke lines. Woo!



Here is the manicure before a top coat.


And the orange glitter!
 So that's my orange mani. Am I the only one that hates on orange polish? This polish is pretty, but not my style.


Be sure to check out the others challenge posts and follow us on Twitter to see when we will be updating!!


Feel free to leave comments below, I love hearing from everyone!






P.S. Follow me on twitter to see when I will be posting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from all of you and appreciate all the feedback!

If you have any questions feel free to ask here! I'll try to respond quickly!